Tuesday, June 12, 2012

8 Weeks Old

This week our little Grace is 8 weeks old and has her two month appointment next Monday.  I cannot wait to see just how much she has grown.  She is growing so fast that I can even see the growth and I see her everyday!  She is adorable though!


This week, Grace had her first dip in the pool.  Needless to say, with all the rain we've had (which was much needed) the water was slightly cooler than she probably would've liked, but she did great!  I can't wait until she gets just a little bit older and has full control of her head and can go in the pool even more.  We are determined to have her swimming as quickly as possible!



And we introduced Grace to the pig and dog, more so than we had originally introduced them.  Maggie is fine with her and is used to babies.  She just kind of takes it and has a "whatever" attitude about it.  She is going to be great with Grace.  Cambrie on the other hand is used to being the baby and is not too keen on no longer being our only baby.  She is fine with her and actually is very protective of her when it comes to other people in the house.  But, she is still very hesitant to get near Grace.  I think she is more scared of Grace than Grace could ever be of her.  I believe this will change over time, especially as Grace gets older and we are all able to give Cambrie more attention and Grace plays with her.

No big deal for this picture

They both crack me up in this picture
Also this week, I got new glasses; Finally!!  I had not been to the eye doctor in a while, but knew my eyes were changing because my previous glasses were starting to give me headaches and I really didn't like wearing them.  On the positive side, my eyes have changed for the better.  My left eye is actually very close to 20/20.  My right eye still isn't great, but it is better.  It is so nice to actually have glasses now that I am comfortable wearing.  I got to debut them Sunday at church and we got to dress up Grace in a new dress that she finally fits into.  She looked beautiful!


Here are some things that I have had a little time to think about and put into perspective during my time at home being a new mommy:
  • I really miss sleeping through the night, but love waking up to feed Grace and then watching her smile back up at me just before she goes back to sleep.
  • I miss Garrett and I's regular date nights, but appreciate them so much more when we do get them and look even more forward to seeing Grace when we get back home.
  • I miss my pre-pregnancy body, but love being able to work for it one way by walking with friends from church while carrying our sweet Grace in her carrier.
  • I miss referring to my mama and daddy as "Mama" and "Daddy", but love calling them "Nana" and "Papi" and having Garrett and I be "Mommy" and "Daddy"!
  • Garrett and I both missed River Run this year, but loved even more being here with Grace and getting to be with her as she got to wear her first bathing suit.
  • I miss getting to sleep in even just a little bit, but love waking up early to dress our baby girl in her cute and fun outfits.
I'm sure there are so many more; those are just some things that really show me and remind me that the little negative things I may think of on occasion don't even come close to all the positive that Grace has brought into our lives.  She really is the best thing ever that has happened to us.  I couldn't thank God enough for this beautiful blessing (with so much personality)!!!




3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of her and Cambrie!! And I am so glad you guys all got to enjoy the pool together! It was definitely a hot day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! Our dog could've cared less about Rylie when she was a baby, but now they are best friends! They chase each other outside and he (well she forces him to) goes in her room to "play". She loves his company. Hopefully when she is older Grace and Cambrie will have a similar relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Granny SheppardJune 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM

    Oh my goodness, she just gets prettier and prettier and cuter and cuter and adorable and beautiful every day. I cannot wait to see her again......great granny here......

    ReplyDelete