Tuesday, July 24, 2012

14 Weeks Old

Today Ms. Grace Lynn is 14 weeks old.
Friday she had her 3-month checkup and everything was great.  She is now 13lbs 8ozs, 24" long, with a head circumference of 39.5cm.  This numbers put her in 75th-90th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for length, and just under the 50th percentile for head size.  Doctor said she looks great and all in all is one healthy baby (well aside from this cold that she can't seem to get rid of).

She is still sick, yep, still coughing and has a pretty stuffy nose.  I feel terrible for her.  Fortunately, God has blessed us with one happy baby and she hasn't been too terribly fussy and is typically all smiles despite the obvious nose and throat irritation I'm sure she has.
Happy one minute... "get me out of this" the next
Friday night Garrett and I decided to take advantage of Alison's birthday and enjoy a date night out, so we went out to Cowboys for a couple hours... back to where it all began :)  Can you believe it has been about a year since we've been?!  Thankfully, our good friend and line dance teacher Jeff was there to remind us of any of the dances we needed brushing up on and also taught us a couple new ones.  I had so much fun!!  And to top it off, I got to leave on a very happy note after doing my favorite line dance (Pot of Gold).  Did I mention how wonderful it was to see some familiar faces we hadn't seen in a while too... yeah, it was a great night!  Thanks Nana for babysitting our sick little girl.

With some lovely familiar faces
Garrett and I are 3rd and 4th from right
(if you couldn't figure it out, hehe)
Saturday, my mama came over so Garrett could get some work done outside and do some shopping and I could get some work done inside; it was a nice, just all in all productive and relaxing day.  Then Sunday we were able to make it back to church after missing the last two Sundays due to Grace's cold; like I said... still sick!  She's been sick a while, but hopefully she is on the up side.  Now, we just have to wait until she gets back on her sleep schedule.  Right now she is only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep at a time, which means mom and dad only get that much sleep, if even that.  It's all worth it, to get her back up to full health though! :)

Nana and Grace taking a short nap in the morning
Lazy/sick evening at home with mama
Sunday afternoon Grace and I went to Ashley's baby shower and had a wonderful time!  I absolutely love our Gospel Community ladies and couldn't have been more blessed to have met such wonderful women of God.  Later that evening, Garrett, Grace, and I went downtown to Merrill's Market and Wine Bar for a delicious dinner and family time.  It was the perfect Sunday.

Shower for Baby Jackson... sorry poor quality on camera pictures
Rachel, Courtney, Ashley, Grace and I, and Pam
Here's to another wonderful week ahead and welcome home Amanda-Kay!  Was so awesome to have her, mama, and Adam over this evening to hear all about her missions trip and just hangout!!  It was also very cool that Boo bought a cute Dominican Republic outfit for Grace and got Garrett and I a shot glass (we collect them) from there.  Thank you!!  And, thank you mama for my gift as well!  Love it!!  Also, here's to also hoping our little girl's cold goes away sooner than later.


Side note: anyone that has been over since we have welcomed Baby Grace has learned very quickly that Cambrie has become quite protective of her and been a lot more snippy than normal.  She has not been the pleasant pig that we were so used to.  However, on the plus side, she's taking well to Grace and is fine with Garrett and I.  It is just strangers and others that come over she has a problem with.  I guess this could be a good thing.  Here is Grace riding our lovely little lady, Cambrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment