Wednesday, March 14, 2012

35 weeks!

Well, time is ticking away now.  Garrett has not been more ready for Grace to be here, but I am just now starting to get into my panic/worry phase (more so than I already had been).  I just feel like there is still so much more for me to do before Grace gets here.  The nursery is about done, but still waiting on a dresser/changing table and still have to wash all the bedding and Grace's clothes and pack my bag.  I know I still have 4 weeks, but that is only 4 more Saturday and Sundays, which is when I can get the most work done.  Also, this month is so booked, that really only leaves me 2 Saturdays.  During this time, I've also got to get prepared to go on maternity leave and get things at work all taken care of.  I know, I know, I need to stop worrying and just enjoy the moment because I really am LOVING being pregnant and love feeling our little girl move around in there.  She makes me that much more excited to hold her and I am really looking forward to that day!!  I just need to keep remembering to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present 'my' requests to God" (Phil 4:6).  I know this is going to be a crazy month.  I hope and pray, for my sake and more importantly Garrett's, that I can just hang in there and quit stressing.


Monday I went to the doctor for my last bi-monthly appointment and had nothing but good news to hear.  I learned that I had not gained any weight since my prior appointment.  I am not expecting this to happen every time by any means, but it was great to hear!  He also confirmed that Grace is head down... hopefully not going to have a breech baby like her daddy was.  He said no 15lb baby for me, but also no 5lb baby, lol.  My stomach is growing good and her heartbeat is still growing strong.  It is always wonderful to get good news and confirmation that our little girl is growing healthy and strong.  Now, I begin going to the doctor once a week and she will be here within the month hopefully.




Other things this week, Garrett and I went out to dinner with his parents, Aunt Cincy, Courtney, Sam, Colton, and a friend of Cincy's.  We went to Dixie Crossroads (Oh, how we love that place!).  It was a wonderful time!!  Grace even received a couple nice little goodies... a handmade blanket from her Great Grandma Gardner and a personalized hooded towel from Sandy.  Sunday, some of the ladies of my home Church of New Horizons threw me a little baby shower at one of their homes and showered Grace with more things.  It was so sweet of them and we all had such a great time!  Thank you Cheri and Wendy so much for planning the wonderful event.  I am very grateful and had a very enjoyable time.


Our Whale of a Tub for ms. Grace :)
Garrett and I also were both blessed with showers from work.  Yes, I know, we probably hold the record for baby showers, lol.  Every shower has been out of the desire of a family member or friend.  I did not specifically ask for any of them, but definitely will and have been enjoying them all!  Each one has been small/quaint and a good time.  Grace is definitely one blessed little girl!  Heck, Garrett and I are one blessed couple to have such amazing and loving friends and family in our lives!!  We really do appreciate and love you all more than you know!  We still have two more planned, which you will hear about in future blogs :)


Well, at the work showers, my work was so very kind as to buy us our stroller travel system.  I was on cloud nine when I saw that's what Garrett and I received from their generosity!  Thank you Karin for planning the wonderful event and being so gracious!  Garrett's work shower was a complete surprise.  He showed up for work like any normal day and all the ladies decided to surprise him at lunch with a shower.  He had no idea!  They were kind enough to bless Grace with some adorable outfits, necessities, toys, etc.  They even had some fun with Garrett (see below).  Thank you to the ladies there that were also very gracious and kind! We are beyond grateful!


Garrett with some of the gifts he received at his work Shower for Grace
Yep, they got him to put the pig towel, washcloth, and pacifier on, LOL
Love my husband... such a good sport :)
Myself with my wonderful co-workers that contributed
and took part in the shower
TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of a butternut squash!
She's about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. From here on out, she won't get much longer, but she's plumping up. She's now about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds, and she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth.
 
your baby at 35 weeks
  • Now, her hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment