Wednesday, March 28, 2012

37 weeks!

Well, the last of the baby showers has been had.  Thursday after work, Garrett and I met my mom out at her work for a "Grandma Shower" that they threw for her (and us).  It was a lot of fun and great to see those that I had not seen in quite a while.  I've have known many of my mom's co-workers for several years and they've watched me grow up over those several years.  It was so kind of them to put that together for my mom and us.  Not only did we get several smaller goodies and essentials, but many of them also went in together and bought us our rocker/ottoman that we registered for our nursery.  Garrett has already put it together and we love it!!

Saturday, we spent the day with our girls (Maggie and Cambrie) out at Garrett's families for their annual pig pickin'.  It was a lot of fun and both girls did great!  They certainly were pooped after the fact though and slept the best either of them have probably slept in a while.

I went Monday for my weekly doctor's appointment and again my mom went with me.  This time however, she and I both decided to take the day off and tackle a lot of those things that I had been stressing about and putting off.  The doctors visit went great.  I have only added 2lbs to my weight and blood pressure is still good.  The doctor did say that I need to start eating more red meat though because I am slightly anemic... nothing to really worry about though or be a cause of concern (Garrett is actually taking full advantage of it and came home with a load of hamburger meat and steaks, lol).  Afterwards, we went back to the house and started organizing Grace's clothes and washing them.  While they were washing we went out to lunch to one of our favorite places, Haystax, and got to see one of our favorite people, Beth!  Oh and I ate a nice big burger (got my share of red meat for the day).  After lunch, we had a nice time together getting pedicures before heading back to the house for more work.  Mom and I were able to get all of the bath, feeding, clothing, and diapering stuff organized... as well as all of Graces toys and blankets that she's received.  Our dresser/changing table is due to arrive this week and once it does, we'll be able to move clothes from the boxes into the dresser and be pretty much set! :)  Also, we packed my hospital bag.  It is all set to go, along with a packed diaper bag and both are in the car, ready and waiting.  Now, I can finally say I am ready for Grace to be here!!  (Whenever she is ready of course).  So, did I mention how incredibly awesome and amazing my mama is?!  She is... she is the absolute best!  Thanks mama for everything!  I am still amazed and happy that we got as much done as we did!

This has been a pretty great and productive week.  I am blessed to have such a great people to help me get organized and ease my worries, as the big day quickly approaches.  Grace has been very active also.  She really is moving more than ever, or so it seems.  Maybe it is just because she is running out of room, so her movement is considerably more noticeable.  Either way, I love it!  Also, she is still fairly high in my stomach and has not really dropped much yet.  Once she does drop though, who knows how quickly she'll make her arrival.  I do only have 17 days left until my due date.

Your baby's the size of a watermelon!
Yay! Baby has reached full term. She likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. She's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.



your baby at 37 weeks
  • She's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
  • She's getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for his first diaper.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks my sunshine - I love being able to help in any way I can. So proud of you and the AWESOME momma I know you will be!! We are so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete