Tuesday, May 8, 2012

3 Weeks Old

Grace Lynn is 3 weeks old today!  Love the first picture of her, she's like "yep, that's me!" hehe.


Last Wednesday we had her two week appointment and Dr. Chabon said she looks great and beautiful!  Her head circumference is a little bit bigger and she has grown half an inch to 20" since her first appointment when she 3 days old.  She also has way surpassed her birth weight.  She went from 7lb 1oz on her birth date to 6lb 13oz at 3 days old to a whopping 8lbs at her 2 week appointment.  I cannot believe she gained over a pound in less than two weeks, but she did and the doctor said that was great.  It just means she is eating and eating well.

Here is a sneak peak of some of her newborn pictures that Jackie did... I still have not picked out a favorite, but here a few I do really love; heck, I love them all!  You can see some of Jackie's favorite on her blog, HERE.




Since her doctors appointment, we have been doing well.  My mama (Nana) came over Thursday and Friday to help me out during the day while Garrett was at work.  Then Friday she went with me to take Garrett to the airport; yep Garrett was headed out of town.  Garrett was off to Kentucky for Bryan's bachelor party and let me just say I was a little jealous.  You probably guessed it, yep, he got to go to the Kentucky Derby!  He had a wonderful time and Grace and I did pretty good this weekend until Sunday morning.  Grace did not sleep well at all Saturday evening, which means I did not sleep well and she was up most the day Saturday, so I didn't get a chance to eat all that much.  To say the least, I woke up feeling pretty crummy and mom had to come to the rescue.  She came and helped me feed the animals Sunday morning and then we went back to my parents house, so I could rest.  I ended up with a 102 fever and crazy headache.  Luckily, with my families help, I was able to finally get some sleep and have been doing much better since.


Passed out on Nana's lap at church
Later Sunday evening Garrett finally made it home.  It was so wonderful to see my husband and for Grace to see her daddy.  I know I sure did miss him!  I didn't think it would be that bad not having him here, but now with a daughter and myself getting sick, I really just wanted to have him home.  It was a good test for us though and I know now that we can do it, which is good because there may be one or two more weekends in this month that Garrett has to be out of town.  Again though, a lot of the credit goes to my family for stepping up and helping me out when I needed it.

Monday, Grace started to get a stuffy nose and it has since not gotten too much better.  We felt so bad for her and tried to get it out, but it just kept coming back.  So, she had to sleep in a carrier for the first time because that seemed to be the only way she'd sleep.  She couldn't breathe very well lying down.  We are hoping that tonight she will be able to sleep in her bassinet again and get a good nights rest.

All in all, this has been one crazy week, but again, just looking at this girls sweet face is all it takes to turn the week around and make it a great one!  She is our little angel or as Garrett likes to call her, his little "cowgirl".  She's a trooper and we love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment