Tuesday, May 29, 2012

6 Weeks Old

Our baby girl is a month and half old today!  And she is definitely looking more and more like a little baby and less like an infant.  She is absolutely wonderful!!


Her facial expressions are still developing, but she is using them more and more everyday.  We are even hearing her giggle on occasion now!  It is the cutest sound ever, especially when it comes along with her precious smile.  She is also gaining more eye focus.  She loves to watch the fans in the living room.  We can lay her on her back or put her in the swing or bouncer and she will just stare up at the fans with a big smile.  She also looks at us more... when we are changing her diaper or just playing with her; she will make eye contact with us and it is the best feeling ever to see her eyes looking into ours.



The only thing that is still tough right now is sleep.  To get more sleep we decided to try supplementing formula as needed at night; however, it has yet to gain us anymore sleep.  She has only had formula 3 times.  She takes it pretty well, but I do think she likes my milk much better.  We are trying to get her used to the formula though because when she goes into KinderCare, I want to make sure she has enough to eat between my milk and the formula.  I am having a hard time getting the stock of milk up; so we just would rather be safe than sorry.  Needless to say, she will stay on milk as long as we are able though.

With Grace getting older, more alert, and taking the bottle; Garrett and I decided that it was time for us to have a proper date night with just the two of us.  So, Friday evening Garrett and I dropped Grace off at Nana and Papi's house and then went out to Bonefish.  To say the least, they were very excited to babysit and we were very excited to have them babysit.  We were pretty tired because we still aren't getting much sleep at all, but the date was very worth it and I know I definitely enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait for our next date night out.

Nana babysitting
Prior to our date, Garrett and I went car shopping... yep, we decided that we needed a larger vehicle now with a baby and all that comes with a baby (car seat, stroller, etc.).  On top of this we would need room for luggage (for traveling), passengers, etc.  Garrett also wanted something with a larger towing capability so he can pull the trailer and all the things he needs for around the property.  We decided on a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and we absolutely love it!!  It is much larger than my car and so much more practical all around.  Garrett still has his beater car to use around the house though and he will use my Caliber on a daily use to and from work.  Lucky me; I will get to use the Cherokee!





No comments:

Post a Comment