Tuesday, September 18, 2012

22 Weeks Old

Grace Lynn is officially 5 months old now (as of Monday).
All smiles in her Dominican Republic outfit that
Aunt Goober brought back from her missions
trip for her!
I can't believe how fast this time is flying by.  She is getting smarter and smarter every day.  She is one inquisitive and happy girl.  Last week at daycare they learned all about the color Red.  She got the opportunity to make some fun stuff like a sun-catcher, butterfly, finger-painting, etc.  Here is a snapshot of some of those things.
All about RED
This is what happens after a fun day at daycare and an hour long
car ride home; She is a cutie
Garrett got with my mom and decided to treat me this weekend.  He offered to babysit Grace while my mom took me out for the morning and guess what I got?!  I got my first ever professional massage!  Yes, that's right, I had never had one before and had always mentioned to him how I really would love to go get one.  I just couldn't ever rationalize spending the money.  Well, he planned a day (without my knowledge) for me to finally have a day to treat myself and get one; and I absolutely LOVED it!!  I am definitely blessed with one great hubby!!

Also, Friday evening Nana babysat Grace so Garrett and I could go out for Allie's birthday.  It was such a great time.  It is always fun spending time with good friends and what made it even better is that it was at Cowboys (Garrett's and I's place that we don't make it to nearly enough).  If you don't know our story of how we met, you can read that HERE.  Thank you mom for watching our girl.

Sunday, after church, we drove down to Winnie to welcome another new baby into our church family.  Jackson Broome finally made his arrival!  Grace got to meet her new friend and we got to spend some time with the proud new parents.  Congratulations Ashley and Zach; we are so happy for you and can't wait for Grace and Jackson to grow up together.
Checking out her new friend with Jackson's Grandma
This week has been all-around a good one.  The only thing that still isn't all that grand is Grace's sleep schedule.  She is still getting up every 2-3 hours and we are not sure why.  She's happy, clean, etc.  I think she's just gotten into this habit and it does make the work week quite a long one.  So, for the meantime, we have reverted back to her swing; for some reason she tends to sleep a little better in that.  We'll see if we can't get her sleeping better again and then maybe try the crib again.  On the plus side, she is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen and the lack of sleep doesn't seem to bother her at all.  She is still all smiles during the day.

Oh, and new milestones:
Grace is starting to hold her own bottle and she loves to drink water out of a glass (big people's glass).  If it is in her reach, she will lunge for it and open mouth go right for some water.  It is so cute and quite funny!  If you have access to facebook; you might be able to see a video HERE.  Unfortunately, I do not have the file and am unable to upload it directly.
She loves to bounce in her bouncer and she can now make it bounce really well on her own (with the help of wii fit though; she is still a little short without it).
Grace has also figured out how to work her musical pig and it is too cute.  When we get home from daycare, sometimes I will leave her in her car seat for a little bit while I unpack some of her things and get some of her stuff ready for the next day... while I am doing this, she has learned to entertain herself.  I especially love how she claps her feet to the music.
Finally, please don't forget to VOTE for Grace Lynn in the Gerber Generation Photo challenge.  There are only 7 more days to vote... so if you have facebook, please take the time to place a quick vote and pass the word along to all your friends and family.  Thank you so much!!
VOTE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment