Monday, February 9, 2015

Hawaii - Scarlett 6mos


January was a pretty busy month for us, just in the fact that Garrett and I were blessed with the opportunity to go to Oahu, Hawaii for 10 days!  He had to go for work, meaning company paid.  And, I was fortunate enough to get the time off work... so a plane ticket later and we had an expenses paid trip to Hawaii!  We also got to spend some time with Garrett's cousin and his family while there.  They were kind enough to show us around and let us stay with them a couple nights.  We are also very blessed in the fact that Garrett's mom was able to take the time off work to watch the girls the entire time we were away.  Garrett's grandmother was even able to come down from NC and help with them.  They kept the girls on their normal routine and Grace was even practically potty-trained when we returned!!  WOOHOO!!!  It was so difficult for me especially to leave my babies for so long and to be so far away, but being able to skype with them multiple times during our time there made it that much easier and put my mind at ease.  We could not be more blessed with such a loving and caring family.

Really quick, aside from all of that, our sweet little Scarlett is now 6mos old!!  She is eating baby food, loving puffs, and just really growing up way too fast!  She is also just about crawling... she manages to get from one side of the room to the other and get what she wants by scooting her way around and rolling, lol.  She has such an adorable little personality and is giggling so much more.  Here is our sweet girl.




Back to Hawaii... While there, Garrett and I's days looked like this:
Saturday:
  1. Arrived in the early evening and went out to dinner with Wendy, Dave, Tabitha, and Thomas at the Yard House... it was very delicious and they were a lot of fun.  Great to meet them and know that they'd be here to help us tour around and also keep me company if I wanted while Garrett was working.
Sunday:

  1. Went to church (Kawaiahao Church)
    1. We sang this song (Nū ‘Oli - full song here: http://www.kawaiahao.org/about-us/favorite-himeni-and-pule/) in their Ohana Choir.  The entire thing was in Hawaiian and we got to sing it with about 15 others in front of their congregation.  Yes, the pastor called us out after we met him prior to service and told us that we should join them up front, lol.  It was an incredible experience though and what a wonderful service.
    2. The wiffenpoofs from Yale were there and did a mini concert.  They were incredible!
    3. Some of locals danced (hula) for the congregation to a beautiful song.
  2. We visited some historic sites, as well as filming locations for Hawaii Five-0.  LOVE!!
    1. Pearl Harbor
    2. The Aloha Tower
    3. King Kamehameha I statue and the Spanish Mission-style No. 1 Capitol District Building
    4. The Federal court house is the old Post Office Building in downtown Honolulu
    5. The Iolani Palace
Pearl Harbor
Federal Court House
Iolani Palace 
King Kamehameha I Statue and Capitol District Building
Aloha Tower
Kawaiahao Church
Kawaiahao Church
Monday:
  1. This was my first day flying solo while Garrett worked, so I decided to read up on some hikes and then walked along the beach.  I didn't get too far though before running into my dream!!  I came up on a filming location of Hawaii Five-0!!  So needless to say, I stuck around there for a long while and watched them film a scene for Season 5, Episode 17 (airing Feb 27th!).
  2. After Garrett got off work, we tooled around Waikiki for a while and got dinner together.
McGarrett!!
Five-O team member cars
Kamekona's!!!
Tuesday:
  1. I went over to the Myers' home, while Garrett then headed off to work.  Dave and I went paddle boarding for a couple hours in North Shore.
    1. I got to paddle board right with several sea turtle (Honu)
    2. And I paddled under the Historic twin-span "Rainbow Bridge" on the Anahulu River marking the north end entrance to old Haleʻiwa Town
  2. Met Garrett for lunch at Maui Mikes... delicious again!
  3. Garrett and I went out and watched the sunset on the beach
North Shore
North Shore Surfing
The Growing Keiki (children's boutique)
Waiting for the sun to set <3
Wednesday:
  1. Garrett and I decided to do one of his hikes that he had picked out.  Mind you it was beautiful, but is also just about killed us, lol.  It was definitely more strenuous than we thought it was going to be, but the view at the top was amazing and I'm glad I didn't give up and actually climbed the entire thing.
  2. Because I was going to do his hike, even though it isn't quite my thing, he surprised me and took me to the Bayer Estate (McGarrett's residence on Hawaii Five-0).  I have the sweetest, most awesome husband!
The Bayer Estate
Made it to the top!
<3
Headed back down
Thursday:
  1. I went to the coffee brewery on the North Shore and tried out their local coffees and teas with Dave while Garrett worked
  2. We then went paddle boarding again (I took a big liking to it!)
  3. Then we met up with Garrett at the Dole Plantation and got our famous Dole Whip.
Paddling under the Rainbow Bridge :)
Sea Turtles (Honu)
Dole Plantation
Dole Plantation
Friday:
  1. This was our big day and the surprise day from Garrett.  He had it all planned out, but I was not allowed to know what was planned.
    1. We started off with Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay
    2. Went whale-watching near the Makapu'u Lighthouse (and yes, we saw some!)
    3. Then he surprised me by taking me to the Polynesian Culture Center and I got to experience an actual Luau with a very delicious meal!
Snorkeling
Polynesian Culture Center

Polynesian Culture Center (There is somebody in the left tree)

Polynesian Culture Center - Luau
Saturday and Sunday:
We spent the last weekend in Hawaii with Garrett's family and had a wonderful time.  We rounded out our time with them with a beautiful dinner at Jamison's By the Sea, overlooking a beautiful sunset.  We also got to try some home-made Mochi that one of Tabitha's girl scout troop mates made, as well as the delicious Spam Musubi.  I am going to have to try to make that at home sometime since you can't buy it here.  I actually really liked it!  All in all, this was one wonderful and unforgettable trip!  I am so happy that we were able to enjoy that time together and really soak up everything.

Sunset at North Shore while eating dinner at Jamison's by the Sea
My love and I enjoyed every minute in Hawaii and I couldn't think of anyone
else that I'd rather spend my time with there :) Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment