Tuesday, August 23, 2011

boone, nc

Well, it's been a long while since I have last blogged (very sorry!), but to be honest, I just did not have any time unfortunately.  Luckily, now I do!  Two weeks ago I was in New Bern, NC for work and made it back home Friday to just pack and then turn around and leave for vacation bright and early Saturday.  Garrett and I, along with my family (mama, daddy, amanda-kay, grandma, and papa) all went to Boone, NC for a week.  It was an absolutely beautiful week to be there... weather was great and company was even better!  We rented out a 4 bedroom cabin and spent the week hiking, winery visiting, rock climbing, cavern seeing, etc.  We also went out for daddy's birthday while there.  All in all, it was one wonderful week!!  I don't know if I could pick a favorite part even if I had to.  It was all amazing and so relaxing!  Here are some pictures (sorry for the overload... that's what happens when you don't blog for a few weeks).  More pictures can be seen on my facebook.  Enjoy and God Bless!!

Grandfather Moutain; It was SOOO windy that day!

and like I said... windy; can you tell?? :)

Split Rock
My cute mama and daddy

the falls at Chimney Rock

Linville Caverns

taking a break to climb a tree while hiking to Linville Falls

Overlooking the river that flows from the falls

Grandfather Mountain Vineyard

Amanda-Kay rock-climbing

Me rock-climbing

Garrett rock-climbing

Finally, this little guy, Milo, sure did keep us busy, but also tuckered himself out

3 comments:

  1. It was an AMAZING week and I am SO HAPPY that you and Garrett were able to come with us. Meant so much... Love you bunches and bunches and love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I just realized that I actually have been to Boone. I was on the mile high bridge too! I was so scared to cross it. I'm such a chicken. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that picture of Milo haha

    ReplyDelete