Tuesday, August 30, 2011

surprise, surprise!!!

Garrett and I are going to be a mommy and daddy!!  Yep, you read that right and we couldn't be more excited!  This little family of 4 (plus the horses and chickens) is now becoming 5!!! :)



Some of you already know, but many more of you do not.  I've been wanting to keep it hush hush until I at least got to the doctor to get a due date and make sure everything is okay.  We first found out on the 5th of August.  I had to go out of town for business that Sunday and then the following week we were both out of town for vacation.  So, Garrett and I decided to get both families over that Saturday and give them the good news because he and I both knew that we (I especially) wouldn't be able to keep it from our families for that long.

Currently I am approximately 10 weeks along and feeling pretty good!  I've had slight morning sickness, but nothing terrible and the Dr. says that this is the worst it'll get, which is GREAT!  I have found that saltines, pretzels, and french fries are the best on the tummy (for me anyways, haha).  The biggest things that I've noticed early on are my sore boobs and constant hunger.  At first didn't think much of it, but now it kind of makes sense :)  Right now I can expect a due date of March 25th through April 5th.  I go back next Wednesday for an ultrasound and will know more exact then :)

I saw a picture posted on a friend of mine's page that said "Faith in God Includes Faith in His Timing."  This is so very true.  Garrett and I have have been married 9 months now (come September 1st).  We have talked about kids and want kids; we weren't really trying, but also not taking precautions.  We both knew that when God wanted us to have kids we would have kids.  Well... I guess the time is now!

Anyways, here's how that August 5th weekend went...
That Friday evening we were supposed to go out for a friend's 21st birthday and then out the next day for another friend's graduation party.  Before all this though, my cousin and his family were also coming over to bring Maggie to live with us.  Since they were already coming over, my mom and sister wanted to go ahead and stop by that evening also to see everyone and to bring their new puppy, Milo, to meet Cambrie and Maggie.  I'm not a heavy drinker by any means, but do enjoy a glass of wine here and there or a nice frozen drink, which my mom and I like to enjoy at the house together (Garrett's treat).  So, with mom coming over and me being a little late, I figured I better check just in case (if positive, of course I want to tell my mom and if negative, I'm going to have our nice frozen treat).  Well I tested and sure enough, it was a pretty clear positive "+".



My mama of course was the first to know!  We were on cloud nine all evening and it was wonderful to share that moment not only with Garrett, but also with my mama.  Garrett of course wanted to tell someone too, but preferring to tell his mom in person, he decided to call his dad!  He was ecstatic!  We then went ahead and invited both families over for the next evening (bearing in mind that only my mom and his dad know right now, we were so anxious to tell the others!  Imagine keeping this from my daddy and his mom though, even if only for an evening... it was not easy!).

So, just to be sure I checked again that next morning and sure enough two solid pink lines!  Everyone arrived at our house that evening thinking it was just another normal get together for all of us until we shared the wonderful news.  All of them were so happy and we had such a wonderful evening with each other.  The whole evening almost reminded me of our engagement when we were all together and celebrating another wonderful event in our lives.



So, now you know the news that I've been so very anxious to share with you all!!  Thank you for those that have already been praying for us and keeping us in your thoughts through this new journey that we are embarking on.  Also thank you for keeping this a secret until now.  You all are the best and Garrett and I are blessed to have all of you in our lives.  I cannot wait to see how God blesses us through this journey and new stage of our lives together.  Yes, we are already thinking names and have a few in mind... so exciting!!!

P.S. I also cannot wait to see my handsome husband as a daddy... I already know he'll be GREAT!  Here he is with my cousin's baby boy Logan (disregard the gator onzie, hehe).


12 comments:

  1. Congrats Crystal!! I had a feeling you'd be next!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! Congrats!! I had a feeling when you were questioning me about OB's..... COngrats again and I know you'll be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited. It was a hard secret to keep. It seems like yesterday we were at the Corn Festival talking about having kids and now here it is :) Kevin and I are thrilled to have another playmate for Jayla especially coming from two amazing people like you and Garrett. You guys will make excellent parents and I can't wait to see future pictures of your baby bump. Congrats again to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to both of you guys! So so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you 2. We will pray for a healthy happy baby. Enjoy the new experience. John & jonlen

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very wonderful!! You are blessed, I can't wait for you to experience one of gods greatest gifts... Motherhood. I know you'll be Great!!! I wish you and Daddy the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, ex-roomie! So happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH!!!! So happy for you both!! Can't wait to see you for the first time in 11-12 years this weekend! And talk about babies and show you pictures of my 3 baby bumps!! God has blessed you! There is truly no way to explain the joy of being a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO AWESOME! That kid's gonna be a "looker" for sure! What a lucky child for God to have picked the two of you to be it's parents. I noticed the pregnancy tests both had pink tips on them, you might better get a couple of blue tipped ones just to play fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations! Very exciting news. and btw...Garrett looks very cute with your cousins baby boy...(and I love the Gator onzie!!) haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers for a your health and the baby. You have a great model on how to be a mom that is for sure. Congratulations, and take care of yourself. I'll maybe have that frozen drink for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I hope you don't mind I've started following you. I am Garrett's younger cousin. I am also the proud mommy to a one-year-old little boy! :) Becoming a mommy is such an amazing feeling!

    ReplyDelete