Thursday, December 22, 2011

23 weeks!

This week has been pretty crazy and with taking some time off work, completely lost track of time and did not realize yesterday was Wednesday.  That is why I'm a little delayed with the update.  Will be back on track next week.

Thursday evening we hosted community small group at our home for the first time.  It was a wonderful time of food, fun, and fellowship.  Cambrie did make the evening a little interesting because she wanted attention with everyone over; so, she definitely wasn't quiet.  All in all though, we had a wonderful time!  Saturday Garrett and I received a new horse to board.  He is pretty handsome!  Kate and Mike (friends of mine from Journey Christian Church) needed a new place to board their baby Scooter.  So, he is now staying with us temporarily.  He is a beautiful and gentle guy; looks like a miniature Harry.  He's definitely much SMALLER though.  Oh and update on our new kitten; it is a boy.  His name is OJ (for Orange Juice) and he is becoming more and more friendly by the day, but still very skittish of his surroundings.  He's adorable though.

Then Saturday evening Garrett and I attended his company Christmas party at the Boardwalk hotel convention center at Disney.  It was no easy feat finding something to wear though!  Hardly anything fit... I resorted to a slightly more casual black dress that stretches, haha.  It all turned out okay though and it was a wonderful evening!  We had a great time sitting with Andrea and PK and also meeting several other coworkers of Garrett's.  Sunday we had our children's program at church.  The little ones looked absolutely adorable.  We had angels, a sheep, donkey, horse, cow, shepherds, etc.  It is always so much fun when the kids are involved... you never know what will happen.  It was a great show though and the worship music was great too (the highschoolers led that this week and did a great job).  Then that evening we had our church Christmas dinner.  It was delicious!!  I had a great time with our fellow community group members and also meeting new people from the church.

Monday, Garrett and I had a doctors appointment.  And, it was a great one!!  Last time I went to the doctor, I had gained a little too much weight, but this week, I found out that I had only gained a pound since the last visit!!  So, hopefully I am back on track... just gotta be conscientious of what and how much I'm eating, which is hard to do when I'm always hungry.  Grace's heartbeat also was strong and great to hear again. I love hearing it every time we go to the doctor.  Monday evening, I started my first Girls group with some friends from church.  Four of us ladies went to One Flight Up to share with one another, learn more about one another, pray, fellowship, etc.  It was a nice quaint little place and it was also a pleasant surprise to run into a former dancer and sweetheart MaryKatherine (MK).  Then, last night Garrett and I went to Winnie Palmer hospital for woman and babies... we pre-registered for delivery and also did a hospital tour.  Talk about a beautiful and busy hospital.  It really put things into perspective and is making us quite excited for the big day.  Although, I'm not too sure about the 45 minute drive, lol.  However, after talking to them, it sounds like a lot of people arrive too early and either do a lot of walking around or have to turn around and go home... so I'm hoping that the drive and walk from the parking garage will put us there just in time to welcome our angel.  Only time and God will tell though.  It's not on our timing.  Oh did I mention, my innie is soon to become an outie... I cannot believe how much my belly is growing and how shallow my innie is becoming.  I've always had an innie, so it's definitely a new experience for me and Garrett thinks it's the funniest/cutest thing, haha.


This week has certainly been a wonderful one.  Despite still trying to get over a slight cold (which isn't fun when you can't take medicine), I wouldn't have changed this week for anything.  I cannot wait for Christmas this week with family.  I hope that you all have a blessed Christmas and enjoy every minute of it with your family, celebrating the birth of Jesus and remembering the real reason for the season.  God Bless you all!!

Here are some pictures of our babies from the week to enjoy :)

       
The newest Myers addition, OJ (Orange Juice)
Our Goofy Boys with Scooter
L to R: Scooter, Bailey, Harry
Bailey and Harry
Scooter in the back; just to give you an idea of their sizes...
Scooter: 14+ hands
Bailey: 17+ hands
Harry: 16+ hands
Precious Maggie
So beautiful!
Cambrie meeting Scooter
Chubby, but still a fast little booger
 TheBump.com says:

your baby's the size of a papaya!
At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter.
your baby at 23 weeks
  • She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!)
  • Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.
  • She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your weekly updates! WOW, you have really popped this week. Love it, love it, love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely glowing!! You look so beautiful, may you and your family have a blessed holiday!

    ReplyDelete