Wednesday, December 28, 2011

24 weeks!

Christmas day marked the 6 month point.  I am officially into the third trimester... and I still can't believe it!  With all the holidays, weddings, vacations, etc. time has flown by.  I am so excited about this third trimester.  This week has been a wonderful one.  It was so great to spend the holidays with family.  Christmas Eve, it was nice to have my mama, daddy, sister, Grandma, and Papa with Garrett and I at our Christmas Eve service.  Then we came back to our house for some presents and dinner together.  Sunday morning we woke up and drove to my home church, New Horizons.  It was so great to see everyone there and enjoy a wonderful service with my family.  After church, we opened up more presents at my parents house and then headed over to my Grandpa's for a wonderful family dinner (aunts, uncles, and cousins included; even Favorite!).  All in all, it was great to see people too that I haven't seen in a while (family, friends, etc) and have them see my growing belly!

Good gifts come in small packages
and are definitely worth the wait

For Christmas, some fun gifts that I and/or Garrett received are my yellow boots, a baby rocker and swing, canvas wedding picture, personalized painting by my Grandmother, and Garrett's electric razor.  I will spare you the entire list, lol.  However, every gift we received was great!  I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas with your families, thanked God for your many blessings, and just enjoyed the time together, to remember the real reason for the season (as cliche as it may sound).  Here are some pictures from the holidays this past week with our family.

Grandparents with their grandbabies
Family Picture :)


Can you see Cambrie in the painting?!  Love it! :)

Garrett also did a little horseback riding this week on Harry... the first time since our engagement pictures that he's had time and has been able to ride him.  Harry did well and Garrett had a great time.  Here are some pictures of the boys and of course one of Cambrie from this week :)






Goofy Bailey and I

Other news this week, Garrett and I reserved a spot for Grace at KinderCare.  They only have 8 infant spots available on a regular basis and currently 7 of those 8 spots were filled.  Needless to say, we are very fortunate to be able to fill that 8th spot.  I was in KinderCare when I was younger and have a couple people that to this day still swear by them.  And, after taking a tour and meeting some of the staff, Garrett and I agreed that it would be a wonderful place for our little girl.  I can't believe that this time next year we will have a little 8 month old to enjoy.  Ahh, how the time flies, but I am continuing to enjoy every single minute of it!

Yep, she is still the size of a papaya, but a growing papaya; looking forward to a new fruit or veggie soon.
TheBump.com also says:

your baby's the size of a papaya!
Your 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.
your baby at 24 weeks
  • Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment