Wednesday, December 7, 2011

21 weeks!

This week, my mama got to feel Grace move for the first time!  We went to the Disney studios Sunday evening after church with my mom, dad, and sister to see the Osborne Lights.  Amanda and the boys of course wanted to take full advantage of the trip and ride some rides while there, but I of course, was unfortunately unable to.  So, while they were riding rides, my mom and I walked around the park, caught a couple shows, browsed some shops, got some ice cream and just enjoyed the beautiful evening.  I loved spending that time with her.  Then we all met back up for the lights and also to see the parade.  While waiting for the light presentation to start Grace began kicking quite a bit.  I was so glad that mom was there and got to feel her!  It was a wonderful evening with the family.



Then Monday, a family friend Nancy was in town.  So, mom brought her over to see our home and meet our entire family of chickens, horses, dog, pig, etc.  And, mama got to feel Grace even more that night!  It was so wonderful to see Nancy and spend some time with her this week as well.

All in all, this week has been good week and Grace is continuing to be active.  She tends to be most active in the morning while I'm sitting at my desk at work and then also in the evenings just after dinner.  Every time I feel a little movement, I get so excited like it's the first time I'm feeling it.  Garrett still likes to watch and feel the belly move too.  My dad said to wait until you can really see her move and it's like a big blob that just rolls across your tummy, lol.  I think he's pretty excited about this whole experience too and that couldn't make me any happier.


Today I actually went on and set up an appointment for a 3D/4D ultrasound that the whole family will be able to be part of.  Garrett and I are really excited to see Grace again and to get full video footage of her movement!  Not to mention, our families will get to be there and watch everything right there with us.  They say the best time is between 24 and 32 weeks; so we're going to go right at 27 weeks.  I cannot wait!!!  I know the grandparents and great grandparents are going to love it!

TheBump.com says:
your baby's the size of a banana!
At 10.5 inches and about 12.2 ounces, she's big enough now that you've probably been feeling her movements.
your baby at 21 weeks
  • As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)!
  • She's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great experience & to share it with everyone is wonderful. Anxiously awaiting your report on the 3D/4D ultrasound of little Grace. John & Jonlen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about how you are doing. One of the things I miss most about being pregnant is feeling the baby kick. Your dad is right. The farther along you get the more you will get to see and feel her kick. I loved watching my stomach move as Logan would roll around from one side of my belly to the other! However towards the end those gentle love taps wont be so gentle and will really start to hurt if her legs are up in your ribs but even when they hurt they put a huge smile on your face!!! Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete