Wednesday, January 11, 2012

26 weeks!

26 weeks down and only 94 days left!  This last week we've done quite a bit of work on the nursery.  We've got two of the main walls painted and the ceiling painted.  Tonight we are going to begin painting the remaining two smaller walls.  If you've been to our house, you know the room we're talking about and know about our walls, lol.  I'm so happy to have those high ceilings and A-framed walls done (thanks to my wonderful Garrett!).  Unfortunately while painting, Garrett managed to break his little toe.  So, he has been in quite a bit of pain this last week and still manages to work around the house and keep up his daily doings.  He's a trooper and I am so thankful to have him in my life.  I just hope that little toe gets better sooner than later... knowing him though, it may take a while because he is stubborn and will not let a toe slow him down, lol.

I also was able to spend some time with a long-time friend Torie this weekend.  My mom and I attended her baby shower on Saturday and then Torie accompanied me with adding some things to our baby registry on Sunday.  It definitely makes things go so much smoother to have someone there with you that has a child and is currently pregnant with #2 to help with any questions that us new moms are bound to have.  Thank you again so much Torie for all the help.  It was wonderful spending time together with her and catching up.  It was also pretty priceless when Garrett said to Torie and I, "I just have one request of you two... can you hug?  It feels funny hugging a pregnant lady and I can only imagine what it might feel like for two pregnant ladies to hug with those bellies" LOL... only Garrett.  He's right though... It's definitely a little different when hugging; I still love my hugs though!

This week Grace has definitely been moving much more than in the past.  I feel her constantly throughout the day while at work and especially at night.  My favorite comment of Garrett's this week while feeling and watching my tummy is "Wow!  Is she jump roping with the umbilical cord in there?" lol.  I said "I hope not, but it sure feels like it" haha.  Another major milestone of recently is that I can hardly see my toes anymore!  I have to lean forward a little to be able to see any part of my feet while standing.  This belly is certainly growing and my belly button continues to tease us... not sure if it's going to become an outie, but it seems like it certainly wants to.


TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of an eggplant!
She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and developing her senses, features and talents!
your baby at 26 weeks
  • Her eyes are forming, and her eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.

2 comments:

  1. You look great Crystal. Hang in there! Can't believe Garrett broke his toe. I swear I'm not laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love following your blog! cant wait to see pictures of the finished nursery. if live ever slows down just a little I'm going to have to invite myself and the kids over! lol they would love to see the horses and pig! and I would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete