Wednesday, January 18, 2012

27 weeks!

This has been a wonderful week simply for the fact that we got to see Grace on Monday!  This past Monday, Garrett and I, along with mama, daddy, Amanda, Chuck, Sandy, and Colton got to observe the 3D/4D ultrasound of Grace.  It was INCREDIBLE!  It was also great being able to share that moment with our families.  So, does she look like Garrett or I??  hehe

Hand in the Mouth 
Love her fingers
Smiling
Love our little Grace
Legs crossed and look at that cute foot
It's really quite hard to tell yet; not to mention, Garrett and I look quite a bit alike, even as babies.  So it may be more difficult to distinguish each others characteristics in her just yet.  However, (forgive me if I'm a little biased too, lol) she definitely has a cute little smile, button nose, long fingers, and can you believe it, 2" long feet already!  Maybe she'll get some height from my daddy's side of the family.  We'd be okay with that!

Also, earlier on Monday I had my normal OB visit and got to hear her little heartbeat and see my weight gain, which I'm not too happy to say was much more than I would've liked.  Let's just say, here's to trying to eat healthier and quit drinking my favorite drink, sweet tea.  I'm hoping to get back on track and not gain too too much weight.  It's tough, but I'm trying to hang in there.


Sunday, Garrett and I got to celebrate my cousin's little boy, Logan's, first birthday.  It was a lot of fun and so great to see all my cousins, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, and other family friends that day.  I cannot believe how many children there were there from infants to toddler age, there had to be at least 20.  There were even an adorable set of triplet girls there, only 6 months old.  I cannot wait to have future birthday parties for our little girl at our home.  I also can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying and so I'm told, it'll only continue to fly by.

Other things this week, Garrett and I enjoyed a wonderful bonfire with some friends at the house on Friday evening.  It was a wonderful evening for a nice warm fire and was great to see some friends we hadn't seen in a little while.  Garrett and I also got the chance to catch up with a fellow football player from UCF of his, Cory, and Cory's girlfriend, Nikki, a friend of mine that I hadn't got to see in quite a while.  We went out to eat with them and just took the time to catch up and enjoy each other's company.  I really hope we get the chance to do that more often.  It was a wonderful time!  Also this week, Garrett and I attended community group at John and Courtney's home.  This weeks food theme was cheese!  What is better than good cheesy food, great people, and fellowship time together?!  I also started with the girls DNA (Discipleship N' Accountability) group.  They are a wonderful group of ladies and I'm hoping to be able to grow even stronger friendships through this group, as well as experience personal spiritual growth.  I really believe it will be good for myself and all of us together.  The book that we are studying is "A Wife After God's Own Heart".  I am anxious to get even further into it, after just diving into chapter 1 together this week.


I hope that you all had a wonderful and blessed week.

TheBump.com says:


Your baby's the size of an eggplant!
At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.



your baby at 27 weeks
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, you are the skinniest pregnant woman I've ever seen. The only weight you're gaining is that baby and that's it! Can't wait to meet Grace and to see you at Sara's shower in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete