Wednesday, January 4, 2012

25 weeks!

Yet another busy great week for Garrett and I.  January 1st was our one year anniversary and we celebrated by taking a mini-vacation to St. Augustine for a few days (thank you Amanda for watching our girls while we were away).  We stayed at a beautiful resort and enjoyed the city.  Our anniversary night consisted of a romantic dinner together downtown and we also got to enjoy some of our wedding cake... yep, still good after a year!  Thank you Favorite for saving it for us and packing it so great.  While there, we were also able to catch up with my Great Aunt Cookie.  We had a wonderful dinner with her one evening and she even surprised us with a little gift for Grace.

Inside the Fort, Castillo de San Marcos
Top Tier of Wedding Cake, Still Good a Year Later
Prior to a surgery of his, my wonderful Uncle Glen (Aunt Cookie's husband) that passed away in 2007 was given a pink pig stuffed animal from my Great Aunt Jeanie (whom passed away in 1996).  With both of them no longer with us, it means so much to have this sentimental gift of his from her.  Aunt Cookie said it could be a gift for little Grace.  I cannot wait to share stories of my Uncle Glen and Aunt Jeanie with her when she is older and to explain the significance of the gift.  I was very happy for it!  Also this week we received a knitted stuffed pig from Grandma Gardner for Grace.  She knitted it herself as a Christmas gift for her.  Grace sure is getting spoiled and she hasn't even made her presence yet, but I'm sure she'll appreciate all the love when she is here!
The Columbia with Aunt Cookie
All in all, it's been a great week, but it was also nice to make it home to our girls and boys.  Cambrie, Maggie, and OJ especially were ready for us to be home I think.  They have such personalities and were so loving as soon as we got here.  OJ is becoming more and more friendly.  He now comes right on up to us, plays more, and will follow us around.  Cambrie just wanted to cuddle the whole time we've been home.  And Maggie of course just wanted her loving.  She was by our side every second she could be.

Maggie curling up by our side
Cambrie was cold and tired
Grace is definitely moving and growing.  I feel her quite a bit especially at night.  I still have no cravings and am feeling 100%.  I think Grace does enjoy just about everything I eat... after every meal, she is bouncing around in there and it is such a neat feeling.  Garrett still gets a kick out of my belly button; yep, he cannot wait for it to pop out and I think it's getting close to that point.  He also loves feeling our little girl move like I do and we both enjoy watching her move too, as my belly will jump on occasion and randomly.

TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of an eggplant!
During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds.
your baby at 25 weeks
  • She's enjoying her new sense of equilibrium -- she now knows which way is up and which is down.
  • She's growing more fat and more hair too!

No comments:

Post a Comment