Wednesday, April 4, 2012

38 weeks!

I cannot believe I am already 38 weeks and 4 days.  Only 10 more days from today until my official due date.  Garrett and I are both however very ready for Grace to be here, as soon as she is ready of course.  This weekend is Easter weekend and I would love nothing more than to have a little girl with us then.  It is also a full moon weekend, which we all know can affect the timing (Garrett thinks she will be here this weekend... and I'd like that!), but really, it is all in God's timing and we will welcome our little girl when He brings her to us whether it be sooner or later.


This Monday I had my weekly appointment and it went quite well.  I gained no weight from last week's appointment until this week's and blood pressure is still great.  He also said that her head is really low and that I could go into labor really anytime here on out.  As I was leaving his office, he said "see you next week, if not sooner!"  Ahh... can't believe we are this close, but I am so very excited!  Daddy went with me to this appointment since mama and Garrett were unable to go.  Also, he wanted to treat me to breakfast afterwards.  I won't argue that :)  It was so great to have my dad there and to spend some good daddy-daughter time with him.  He is very excited and that makes me so happy!

Also this week, we received our dresser/changing table and got it all put together and loaded.  Mama came over Saturday to check out the nursery and head to Target with me to pick up a few last minute things.  Here's a little peak at our nursery.  It is a light blue and tan with a chalkboard wall, bedding as shown, changing table/dresser, rocker/ottoman set, and just the right amount of room for our little girl to start her life :)


 

 


After the Target run with mama, we met my Grandma, Papa, and Aunt Cookie at Haystax for lunch (That is probably one of my favorite restaurants, up there with logans and steak 'n shake, lol; love it!).  It was my grandparent's 53rd wedding anniversary, so we wanted to celebrate with them and just spend time with them of course.  They are so cute and I love them so much!  Happy Anniversary Grandma and Papa!

Oh and Thursday Garrett got lunch with a friend of ours, Andy.  At lunch, he surprised Garrett (and ME!) with a signed framed photo of Hedo Turkoglu (my favorite for those who didn't know)!  He had it signed earlier that day.  I was so ecstatic when Garrett brought it home from him.  Thank you so much Andy.  It really did mean a lot to me and I love it!!

All in all, things are going great and I am just trying to sleep as much as I can at night.  Bathroom breaks are still very frequent and I still get the occasional heartburn, but I've only had one really bad night that I just could not sleep at ALL.  Most nights though, I'm able to get a sporadic 5 hours, maybe.  The hardest part is probably just having to wake up for work at 5 and just trying to manage to get through the work day productively, making sure my co-workers are up-to-date with what I am working on, etc, as I prepare for Grace to arrive.  I am managing though and am fortunate to work at an awesome company that is so supportive and that I really do just enjoy to go to work at.  Hmm.... other things; my feet are still pretty swollen... I think I forgot what my ankles look like.  Back is a little sore here and there, but Garrett will give me the occasional massage, which is wonderful!  Love him!!  Belly is growing and moving as much as ever... best feeling in the world!  Well, now the countdown really begins.  Our sweet girl will be here before we know it!

TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
your baby at 38 weeks
  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment