Thursday, October 4, 2012

24 Weeks Old

This week has been a crazy one, hence the lateness of this blog entry.  Here is baby girl at 24 weeks though :)

Before I get into the craziness of this week, here are some good things from this weekend;
Grace, Garrett, and I went to the Starks baby reveal Friday night and we are so very happy to say that Grace Lynn will have a little girl friend at church now.  Courtney and John will be welcoming Haley Marie in February and we couldn't be more excited for them!
Team Pink and Team Blue; Yay for Team PINK!
Saturday, Grace and I went to Jenny's baby shower for little Tanner.  We had a wonderful time!  That is going to be one blessed little boy and we cannot wait to meet him in the next couple months!!  Fingers crossed that he lets you get through your Christmas staging rehearsals first though Jenny :)
Grace and I with mom to be and great friend, Jenny
Then that evening I stayed the night at my parents while Garrett was hunting.  It was nice to have my family help with Grace and we did some fun birthday shopping too.  Yep, Garrett had his birthday this last week and we showered him with love and some gifts.  I think his favorite thing about his birthday though was getting to hunt all weekend and catch up on some sleep :)  Sunday morning, I went to my home church; always great to see my church family there.

Now to the craziness... Grace Lynn has been coughing the last week, but it had gotten significantly worst by Sunday evening; so I took the following morning off to take her to the doctor.  While there, I learned that it was worst than we had expected.  She was not breathing too well and was wheezing a lot.  They told me that she had bronchialitis (just another way she takes after her mama I guess... luckily she got it a little later than when I had it as a baby; so her body is able to handle it a little better).  While at the doctor, they did some nebulization treatments and monitored her oxygen level.  When her level read 90% and was not coming up, they had me take her to Pediatric Emergency at Florida Hospital.  She was there all day and they monitored her oxygen levels, took some x-rays, and nasal swabs.  Fortunately and thank God, all of the tests came back negative for any major respiratory viruses.  And her condition did not worsen.  They therefore let us go home that evening.  Prayers really are a powerful thing and God is good.  I know several family members and some friends had Grace in their prayers all day Monday and those prayers were definitely answered.  It could have turned out much worse.  Thank you all so much!!  Grace has since had a follow-up appointment and another nebulization treatment; she has another follow-up on Monday.  Until then though, our baby girl has to use an inhaler 3 times a day to help with her breathing.  And, we just have to monitor her to make sure her breathing doesn't get any worse.  I'm not sure how long she will have to use an inhaler, but hopefully we will find out more on Monday.  She is definitely one little trooper though and is ALL SMILES!
Love my little girl... what a trooper she is
Playing while at the hospital and getting some love from daddy
Her hospital band, resting after a long day,
using her new inhaler, sleeping some more,
the dreaded nebulizer, loving on Maggie after a long day

No comments:

Post a Comment