Tuesday, September 6, 2011

friends are like stars...

"Friends are like stars... you know they're there even when you don't see them."  That is oh so true and Stephanie has been there always and it was so great to FINALLY get up to visit her after not seeing her in 12+ years.  We always do keep in touch via phone and email, but have been unable to see each other; that is until this last weekend.

Seeing as labor day was a four-day weekend and I have been communicating even more than normal with Stephanie (it's been a big/great year for both of us with garrett and i just getting married, us now expecting, her kids recently celebrating bdays, and karley getting baptized, etc), we decided we would take full advantage of the long weekend and go visit them.  I am very glad that we did!

It was like Stephanie and I never missed a beat.  Garrett got to meet the "Stephanie" that he hears so much about and we both got to meet her family (husband wade and three kids karley, amanda, and reed).  I've heard of them and read of them through phone calls, emails, and pictures, but it was nice to finally see them in person and get to know them.  Wade and Garrett hit it off immediately, sharing hunting, fishing, nascar, and a little bit of everything else you might be able to think of in common.  And, her kids were great!  They  were so well-behaved and a joy to be around.  They made me look forward even more to watching our future family grow.  I can't wait til our little one comes along and they get to meet Stephanie and her family.

Karley is 8 years old and so mature for her age.  She is an absolute a joy to be around.  She and I hit it off right away even though she beat me just about every game of hangman, lol.  She sure is a smart little one.  I also believe that she is a spitting image of Stephanie.

Amanda is 5 years old with such a big personality that I absolutely loved.  She even drew me a picture.  That meant so much to me.  Her and Karley both love to draw like Stephanie and I did at that age.  They certainly are talented at it as well.  Also, Amanda looks almost exactly like Stephanie looked the first time I met her (we were five then!).

Reed is a 2 year old little ham.  He immediately clinged to Garrett.  They enjoyed playing tractors with each other and wrestling.  He's a strong one and definitely gave Garrett quite the workout keeping up with him, haha.  He loved it though and I also enjoyed sitting with Reed while looking at his baby pictures, listening to him point out "mama" and "daddy" every time they came up in the pictures, hehe.

All in all, I can not describe in words how grateful I am for a friend like Stephanie and I only look forward to growing more in our friendship and seeing each other again (hopefully with not nearly as much time in between visits).  Here are some pictures from the weekend.  There are a lot, but I could not leave any of them out... love them all and they go along with some awesome memories from the weekend that will definitely stick with me.  (Stephanie... feel free to download and steal any or all of them!).

Wade and Reed... He passed out right at the end of lunch

Garrett and Reed Playing Perfection

Stephanie and Reed (eating a brownie)

Reed sporting his daddy's UNC hat... just a little big

Now switching to the camo hat

Amanda and Garrett

Stephanie and I... all smiles!

Love her!!

Playing tractors with Garrett... You can't hide Reed :)

Stephanie, Karley, and I

Karley and I playing hangman... She's quite the opponent, lol

Playing Chutes and Ladders with the kids

Want some quiet... just plug the kids in, lol

The girls will definitely love this face

Such a CUTIE!

Amanda... a little cutie indeed!

Karley... such a pretty young lady

Stephanie, Reed, and I our last morning together... gonna miss them!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! She has not changed a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you both here!! We already miss you, and the girls already asking when our turn to go to FL is! SOOO glad Wade and Garrett hit it off! Loved the pictures and will have to download them! Wanted to cry when I finally saw you!! So great to finally visit!!

    ReplyDelete