Wednesday, November 2, 2011

16 weeks!

I'm finally to the fourth month (16 weeks and 4 days to be exact).  I cannot believe how fast time is flying.  I've been doing really well and feeling pretty great.  Some mornings I still have a little nausea, but nothing a few crackers or little food can't fix.  This weekend Garrett and I visited my home church where my family still attends.  It was so great to see everyone there and I know some of them were excited to see us and the baby bump (tiny might I add, but slight bump).  We then went out to eat with the family and had a great afternoon together.

Some other fun news from this weekend; Garrett and I's church held their annual Festival of Tents on the church property.  Since we've only been attending Round Lake for about 8 or 9 months, this was our first experience with the event.  It was a ton of fun!!  It was basically just a bunch of church family camping and celebrating God together.  We camped out with them Friday evening and enjoyed great fellowship over food, campfire, and games.  Nothing says country church like camping and hog roasting... It was great fun and nice to get to know some of our fellow community better.  You bet we'll be back again next year.  This was also our first experience leaving our two babies home alone.  Luckily, our church is only 5 mins or so away from the house; so we could let them out Friday evening and then again Saturday morning.  I can proudly say that they did wonderful and left no messes!  They were rewarded with some treats and lots of lovin' of course!

Also, Garrett and I carved a pumpkin together... I unfortunately did not take very many or very good pictures of it though.  See if you can see what it says.



Yes, we're still supporters, lol.  I really hope we can share our love for the team with our little one next year.  Our bundle of joy is definitely going to have a Magic onesie, jersey, or something (or multiple) of Orlando Magic!

Anyways, update with the baby, he or she is growing quite fast!  My baby bump is slowly but surely expanding... and I'm still lotioning up.  Before I know it, I'll be pretty rotund and ironically I can't wait!!  Here is what the belly looks like at 16wks4ds:



And here is what theBump.com has to say:

your baby's the size of an avocado!
Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat.
your baby at 16 weeks
  • She's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears.
  • She's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
  • And she's forming taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment