Wednesday, November 9, 2011

17 weeks!

I can't believe that my belly is FINALLY just starting to look like a pregnant belly.  People still will not say anything because they don't want to mistake possibly just a chubby belly for a baby belly.  However, many people that know I'm pregnant and have seen me recently have noticed the growing change and commented on me looking "more" pregnant now.  It's a pretty cool feeling knowing that my body is starting to physically reflect the little blessing that I'm carrying inside.


I cannot wait to be able to say he or she, let alone refer to our baby by their name real soon! (yes, I said real soon).  We have an appointment set up for next week to find out the sex of our child (baby willing... and cooperating).  I'm really hoping that baby myers cooperates and shows us what he or she is.  Garrett and I are so excited and anxious!

All in all, I've been doing a lot better lately, my appetite is starting to get a little more normal and I haven't really had any sickness in a little while now.  I'm also starting to get some energy back.  I still get pretty tired, pretty early, but I am able to force myself to stay up a little longer than I had been (instead of 8:30, I can make it to 9:30pm if I try hard enough, lol).

This last weekend my mama and I had a much needed and wonderful girls day.  We went shopping and got pedicures!  I love spending time with my mom and we are good shopping buddies because I can be very indecisive, which she helps me with and I love to help her pick out stuff for her too.  It's a win/win for us both!  After our mom/daughter day, we came back to our house and met up with some family friends for a movie night.  It was a lot of fun to get together with the Gonzales', Justin and Antonio and their mom (Michelle), and my family.  We hate lots of yummy food and enjoyed Cars 2.

The whole last week in general has been pretty wonderful and definitely a blessing.  I hope that each of you also had a wonderful and blessed week.  God's blessed me with some pretty incredible people in my life and this week I've really noticed that.  "A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love, and encourages you with hope."  I believe that is so true and that is the just kind of friend I strive to be.  I know that I have friends (by that definition) in my life and I've seen and/or talked to some of them throughout this week.  I'm just constantly encouraged by them and always get joy when talking to them or being around them.  Hopefully you guys know who you are and I only hope to bring that same hope, encouragement, and joy to you.  A big thank you to all of you for everything!!  Also a big thanks to God always for reminding of my blessings and placing each and every one of you in my life for one reason or another.  You all are a blessing in my life.

Here's what theBump.com has to say about week 17:

your baby's the size of an onion!
Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.
your baby at 17 weeks
  • Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.

1 comment:

  1. I was really getting excited for some fruit salad this week, but you threw in an onion (why couldn't it have been a grapefruit?).
    16 wk=Avocado - 15 wk=Orange - 14 wk=Lemon - 13 wk=Peach - 12 wk=Plum - 11 wk=Lime - 10 wk=Prune - 9 wk=Olive - 8 wk=Raspberry!

    I can not wait until after this week's appointment!

    ReplyDelete