Wednesday, November 16, 2011

18 weeks!

This has been one world wind of a wonderful week!  Thursday, Garrett and I started our first week with our community small group from church.  It was a lot of fun and great fellowship time.  We are really looking forward to the weeks to come.  Saturday, Garrett, my mom, and I went to Epcot for the food and wine festival.  Yep, the pregnant gal went to a wine festival, haha.  I was so happy and excited to go though just to at least see all the wonderful sounding drinks and foods and spend time with the best mama and hubby.  And, you know I was not going to pass up some delicious strawberry gelato!  Then our next big day was Tuesday!

Tuesday, Garrett, my mom, and I went to get my second ultrasound and yep, this was the big one... would we be having a he or a she?  We've been praying and praying that our little bundle of joy would cooperate and show us just what he or she was.  Lucky for us, our precious baby did just that!  Our joy is definitely a mover and not camera shy by any means.  We were able to get numerous face shots.  Baby Myers is also quite the flexible one and constantly had a leg by the head and/or an arm wrapped over the head.  I must say that aside from just finding out, some of the best things were seeing the baby open and close its mouth... yep already sucking, and to see the heart beat, as well as hear it (that is always amazing!), to see the spine and all it's bones, see the brain, see little fingers and toes, and finally just to see all the movement!  I cannot wait until I'm able to feel some of that moving... and feel those little feet push on the belly.  The u/s tech also did lots of measuring and our little baby is growing quite proportionally and is right on track for an April 14th delivery. The femur, brain, bladder, my fluids, etc... all measurements looked great!

saying hi with the hand way up over the head!
Taking after either Aunt Amanda, Me, or Daddy with this flexibility
All in all, it's been just a wonderful week and Garrett and I are definitely blessed.  Saturday, we will be sharing the wonderful news with our family and some family friends.  I cannot wait to then share with everyone else what the next little Myers baby will be.  Stay tuned!


TheBump.com says:


your baby's the size of a sweet potato!
She's about 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces now and she keeps on growing rapidly. (That's why you're probably feeling so hungry.)
your baby at 18 weeks
  • Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing?
  • And she's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment