Wednesday, November 30, 2011

20 weeks!

Can you believe I am 5 months pregnant already?!  I know I can't!  Time is certainly flying and I've got to say that it's definitely been a pleasant journey thus far.  Garrett even said today that he liked me pregnant and to get prepared because, as of now, he wouldn't mind me being pregnant often, haha.  I haven't had any cravings, crazy mood swings, or horrible morning sickness.  He originally wanted nine kids, yes nine!  But, now he's down to four.  We'll see how the remainder of this first pregnancy goes and how well our first baby treats us :)  We are so excited to meet miss little Grace.

This week has definitely been a crazy one, but a great one!  Thursday, of course was Thanksgiving.  Garrett and I took the girls, Cambrie and Maggie, over to Chuck and Sandy's for the day.  We played lots of volleyball, ate lots of great food, and the girls definitely got spoiled.  Maggie got to swim in the pond, Cambrie got all the corn she could eat, and both of them got their share of dropped goodies, but they were so cute and well behaved that it was hard to deny them of it.

Then, this weekend Garrett and I, along with my mom and dad, and our little porker Cambrie went to Climax, GA to see my Great Aunt Sherry and Uncle Sonny.  We stayed with them Friday evening and then Saturday we all spent the day at the 37th annual Swine Time Festival.  There was pig calling, baby crawling, corn shucking, and greasy pig chasing.  It was a successful and fun day to say the least.  Cambrie did so well with all of the people (kids and adults) and she behaved the entire car ride (5 hours) to and from.  Visiting Aunt Sherry and Uncle Sonny is always such a wonderful time.  I cannot wait to visit again!  We even said next year we'll have to go back with Cambrie and Grace and maybe enter Grace in the baby crawling contest, haha.
So well behaved and great on her leash!

Our Happy Growing Family

Greasy Pig Chase!
All in all, it's been a great week and Grace definitely has started moving!  I just started really feeling her this weekend.  And then yesterday, she was soooo active.  It is such a wonderful feeling... it's the BEST feeling.  It's kind of hard to explain, but if I had to, I'd say it's a lot like having butterflies in your stomach.  I can just every once in a while feel her push or kick (can't tell which), but she is definitely putting pressure on my stomach and it feels very neat!  Garrett gets excited too because when she is real active, you can see my  belly move and he likes to see that (as do I!).


Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends!  God Bless!

TheBump.com says:


your baby's the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby weighs about 10.2 ounces and measures about 6.5 inches. She's still got a lot of growing to do though. Can you believe you're halfway done?
your baby at 20 weeks
  • She's got working taste buds.
  • Now, she's gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day -- that's significantly more than before.

2 comments:

  1. Wait till you feel her roll and see her push your belly out. :) It's pretty awesome. One of my favorite things about being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As she gets a lot bigger and the room in there gets a lot smaller you will be amazed to almost feel her turn completely! You feel her little tushie on one end and an arm or leg pushing all the way on the other side! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete