Wednesday, February 1, 2012

29 weeks!

This week Garrett and I had the pleasure of graduating from our "preparation for birth" class.  Instead of doing the once a week class for a month or so, we decided to do the all day class on Saturday.  It was definitely long and by the end we were both ready to go, but it was also great at the same time!  I'm very glad we got it done because with our schedules, it would've been very hard to and expensive to travel to Arnold Palmer once a week for several weeks.  The best part about this class (at least for me) would have to be all the massages that I got from Garrett!! :)  We learned the normal breathing techniques and also learned different ways to ease (or at least help get your mind more off the pain of) contractions.  There were 9 couples in total that attended the class and of those nine, only 3 of us were having a little girl.  I am so excited about our little girl, as is Garrett.  He, on the way home, said that he is just ready for her to be here already, but I said to hold his horses, lol.  In a month or so I'll probably be ready to have her here too, but in the meantime I am enjoying being pregnant and want to get as much done around the house as we can before she arrives.

After our class, it was nice to have my mom and sister over to the house and just hang out, play some games, etc.  It was a lot of fun!!  I love spending time with family!  Also this week, another wonderful couple from our church announced that they were expecting baby #3.  Joel and Erin's little one is expected to arrive in August and I couldn't be happier, not only for them, but for the fact that now there are 3 couples from our church all having little ones close in age to raise together, etc.  What a blessing children are and how blessed we are to experience this joy together!

Well, my belly is definitely growing and growing.  And, Grace is moving more than ever... She even twitches occasionally, which I just learned could be hiccups!  It is so exciting to think that our little one may have hiccups in there and that I can feel them.  Also, rather than feeling the punches and kicks so much, I'm feeling more of her stretching and pushing... can definitely tell that her room is becoming smaller and smaller in there.  With all this growing though, I have noticed that my clothes are no longer fitting quite as comfortably as they were.  I was able to wear 3 pairs of my pre-pregnancy jeans, but now can only manage to get into 2 and even they are getting more uncomfortable.  So, Garrett was nice enough to take me out shopping for a couple more 'work appropriate' jeans and slacks that I can wear to work, as well as out and about.  He even helped me pick them out.  I am so much more comfortable now!


Not only was Garrett nice enough to help me shop for clothes, which we all know he loves to do... NOT!  He asked yesterday how I was and I just really wanted something sweet... not really fulfilling to eat, but sweet and then I said "a Slurpee would be really good right now, but it's a little late for that" and Garrett immediately (with no hesitation) offered to drive up to the nearest 7-Eleven and get me one.  I did not want to make him do that though, but he kept insisting... so Instead of making him go, I decided to go along with him and we also took the dog along for the ride, which she loves!  I have such a sweet husband... the sweetest ever!!  Thank you so much Garrett for everything!!

All in all this week has been a roller-coaster of emotions for me and Garrett's been handling it very well.  With my weight continuing to increase and with just everyday emotions going haywire, I have not been the 100% Sunshine that I wish I could be, but none-the-less Garrett has been there by my side encouraging me everyday and loving me everyday, which has helped me so much and he always does know how to put a smile on this girl's face :)

Oh and some exciting news, at least for me an avid Magic fan, I had 4 of my Jeff Turner basketball cards signed this week!  PK (one of Garrett's co-worker's other half) had him sign them for me and Jeff also wrote out a note to me.  They also sent a picture to Garrett of Jeff while he was signing.  Garrett received them from Andrea at work and he brought them home for me.  They definitely made my day!  With everything else going on emotionally, I forgot about everything and was very happy in that moment!!  Thank you so much Andrea and PK for doing that.  I do appreciate it more than you know!

TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of an acorn squash!
Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, she weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but she's still got a ways to go -- can you believe she'll triple in weight before birth?
your baby at 29 weeks
  • She's getting a little cramped in there, since she's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.
  • She's growing white fat deposits under her skin, and her energy is surging because of it.
  • Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccupping.

3 comments:

  1. You look great! Can't believe you are getting so close!

    How sweet of Garret to offer to get you a slurpee! It's so nice to have a supportive husband like that. Something no one told me was all the emotions you deal with after delivery. It will be so nice for you to have him by your side once Grace arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good mama!!! I loved feeling Logan when he had the hiccups! Soon Garrett will be able to feel them if he can't already. Logan had the hiccups all the time and still does!!! They are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog my sunshine!!! I so enjoyed Saturday evening - thanks for letting us hang out... I am so grateful for you and the best son-in-law ever! Thanks Garrett for taking such good care of our girl. Love you both!

    MamaKay

    ReplyDelete