Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 weeks!

Exactly 7 and a half months down... wowzers!  Too think, I only have just over two months to go depending on what little Grace has in mind.  Did I mention how much I am loving being pregnant?!  I am loving every second!!!

This last week has been a wonderful one!  Friday evening Garrett and I went over to our friends Courtney and John's home for game night.  It was a lot of fun; great time with great people!  Then Saturday my mom and mother-daughter friends Marla and Miranda came over to visit for a little while before we all went off to meet Beth for lunch at Haystax.  We had a blast!!  And, to top it off, Beth brought Grace a gift.  Part of this gift was a Criminal Minds onesie; "Profiler in Training" :)  She knows me way too well!!  That is my favorite show by far and the pink baby bodysuit definitely made my day!  I cannot wait to put Grace in it... thank you Beth!!

Then later that evening while watching the Magic game with Garrett, Grace really began to move.  Get this... we got to see her roll for the first time!  Yes, roll!  Not only did we see her kick or punch like normal, but got to see her literally roll or turn in my belly from one side to the other.  It was incredible and definitely a milestone in my pregnancy.  I've been waiting for that moment!  She must be running out of room slowly, but surely.


Then Sunday Garrett and I went to breakfast with a couple friends of ours before church and then later that evening we headed over to Aaron and Jenny's for a fun Superbowl party.  It was so great to spend time with good friends that we don't get to see nearly enough.  I am a little disappointed the Giants went home with the trophy, but it was still a great time!  Monday and Tuesday consisted of work and Garrett working on the nursery.  He finally got all the drywall done and has began spackling... I cannot wait to get the paint finished and then it is pretty much just furnishing left to do.  He is the best!!  I'm so happy that he's making progress on the room.

That brings us to Wednesday! :)  Thanks to a friend of ours, Andy, Garrett and I were able to go to the Magic game against the Heat.   Thank you Andy!  I am so excited to say that Grace got to go to her first Magic game in-utero... and that it got to be a game with such greats as Lebron (as much as I'm not a fan), Wade, Dwight, and my personal favorite, Turkoglu.  What made the evening even better is that the Magic defeated their state rivals 102 to 89!!  Orlando made 17 3-pointers... holy moly!  To say that Grace will be an Orlando Magic fan is an understatement... she will definitely be a Magic fan!  Here is the box score from the game and some pictures.



 Flagrant Fouls: None
Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: None - TEAMS (def3sec): MIAMI (1) - COACHES: None
Officials: Matt Boland , Olandis Poole , Ron Garretson 
Attendance: 18,972
Time of Game: 2:11


Garrett, Grace and I with "the" big man
Allie and I at the game
My man Turk was on the Game book cover!

Love getting to take advantage of this!
In summary, some pregnancy changes/milestones this week are:
  • We can see Grace rolling (yay!)
  • My feet have swollen a little (not cool seeing slightly chubby feet)
  • My belly button is still an innie (I can't believe it)
  • Sleeping is getting significantly more difficult (can't seem to get comfortable)
  • Grace went to her first Magic game (love it!)
TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of a cucumber!
Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow.
your baby at 30 weeks
  • Her skin is getting smoother.
  • But her brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
  • She's now strong enough to grasp a finger!

1 comment:

  1. hey sweetie!!
    So happy to hear you saw the "Big Roll". It is so undiscribable until it happens to you! Keep your feet up as mush as possible for the swelling to go down and cram a pillow between your thighs and knees and sleep on your left side at night. ( My little advice of the moment!)

    ReplyDelete