Wednesday, February 15, 2012

31 weeks!

This week I got to go to the doctor again and great news... I passed my glucose test the first time around!!  I guess that bruise that decided to stick around for at least 3 weeks was worth it, to not have to take the 3-4 hour test.  I was so happy and relieved to here that.  I also found out that my weight was good this last month, which was again a big relief for me because I have been trying my best to be a little more healthy and not put on the pounds like last month.  The last week I had been experiencing a little heartburn at night... not a lot to cause concern, but enough to wake me up at night (more than I'd already been getting up).  The doctor recommended a medicine that would help that would also be okay for the baby.  However, I have not taken it yet because praise God!, since that evening and talking to the doctor, I have not had the heartburn nearly as bad and it hasn't caused me to loose more sleep than normal.  I'm hoping and praying that I continue to feel well and don't have to take it, but at least I have it now in case I should get heartburn again pretty bad.


This weekend was also our first baby shower.  My mom and mother-in-law were so kind to throw us a family shower at the house.  It was wonderful to have all of our family here to celebrate with us and was also great to get some wonderful goodies for Grace.  Thank you so much to everyone that came to celebrate with us and for all the wonderful gifts.  Garrett and I are beyond grateful for each and everyone of you, as well as for all the great gifts for Grace that you generously gave!!  I've got to say that my mom and dad have gone above and beyond during this whole pregnancy by helping Garrett and I work in the nursery, buying us a crib and mattress, play mat, swing, bouncer, clothes for Grace, her first piggy bank, helping to set up showers, being there emotionally, and all-around loving through this whole pregnancy.  I have to brag and say that I definitely have the best parents a girl could ask for and hope to be at least half as great as they are with our little girl.  Here are some pictures from the shower.

Grace got a pair of handmade cowboy boots in honor or where mommy and daddy met :)
And, she got a cute little newborn pea-pod type cover with a matching beanie! :)
Here's her first nice church dress and of course she's going to be a little tomboy...
Gotta take after mom and dad and like the Rays! :)
New 2 in 1 highchair that I can't wait to put to use
And Garrett and I just loved the little finger puppets, haha
Handmade bib for Grace and Stuffed Frog
Cupcake Cake... of course in Yellow! :)
Probably my favorite picture from the evening... looks like a serious conversation, haha
After licking all the icing off the cupcake, Ava decided to give it to Garrett to finish, lol
Grandpa and Daddy enjoying the  cupcakes... love the frosting on Papa's lip :)

Some baby facts from TheBump.com:
Your baby's the size of a pineapple!
She's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month. She's getting so big, She's probably crowding your lungs.
your baby at 31 weeks
  • She's going through major brain and nerve development.
  • Eye development, too. Her irises now react to light!
  • All five of his senses are in working order.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to do whatever we can. We are so proud of you guys and so excited for Baby Grace. Just wish Grandma and Papa could have been at the shower. Love you...

    MamaKay

    PS - Those are some great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry again that I couldn't be there. It looked like a great time. I will be around during my spring break in March, and we should definately try and hit up some of the consignment sales to get things for Ms. Grace. I've got some stuff here at the house I am working on as well and will bring for her. Miss you tons my favorite! It's getting so close! I cannot wait to meet your precious angel.

    ReplyDelete