Wednesday, February 29, 2012

33 weeks!

This has been one busy/wonderful week full of activities and even a great big surprise!  Saturday my mom and I went to Nikki's bridal shower.  Nikki is my cousin Jason's, fiance.  It was a great time and I was so happy to be able to celebrate with her and family their upcoming marriage.  She is going to be one gorgeous bride!  Then that evening we got to have Andre and Lauren over.  We went out to a nice dinner at Garrett's favorite place downtown, the Frog and Monkey, and then came home to relax and just hangout with one another.  Sunday morning we all got up and had a lovely breakfast before heading off to a great church service together.  Andre and Lauren then had to leave to go meet up with some other people for lunch before making their 4 hour drive back home.  We really do enjoy getting to spend time with them any chance we get!

After Church, Garrett brought me home to meet my mom.  While he was off to a Nascar party with his friends, my mom came over to kidnap me for the day.  All I knew about the day was that she was coming over and she was taking me somewhere for something, but would not give me an inkling as to what it would be or where it would be.  We started driving and ended up at a dance studio... my first thought and question was "oh goodness!  we're not taking a dance class are we because I am really not prepared for that." LOL.  Then I realized we were at "Turning Pointe" which is a studio that a couple friends of mine teach at.  She said we were picking up a very good friend of mine, Kristina, and then heading off to the next part of the surprise.  So, we went in to meet Kristina and because it was our first time seeing the studio, she offered us a quick tour before leaving.  I almost asked if I should use the restroom before leaving because, again, I had no idea where we were going or what we were doing, but i wanted to be sure I'd make it there, haha.  But before I asked, she showed us the last room and when we walked in, there were 5 of my very closest friends and Kristina's mom, Vicki.  They had all come for a surprise shower that Kristina had planned for me!  I was most shocked when I looked in and saw Lauren who I thought was on her way back to Sunrise... how in the world did I not have a clue that is why her and Andre came down to visit?! lol.  Then, just also seeing some of my other very close and wonderful friends just made me smile from ear to ear the entire afternoon.  Kristina (with the help of her mom) threw an absolute amazing shower and pulled off one heck of a surprise.  I couldn't have been happier.  I am still amazed that my mom and Garrett helped to pull one over on me.  Y'all are good!  I will never forget that day!  Thank you so much Kristina!  Also thank you to my amazing friends that were apart of the special occasion, Andrea, Nydia, Allie, Jenny, and Lauren.  And, thank you to Stephanie, Torie, Joyce, and Sara... I know you couldn't be there, but knowing that you were also apart of it and were kind enough to bless Grace with gifts means the world to Garrett and I also!

LOVE these ladies!
Kristina, Andrea, Nydia, Me, Jenny, Allie, Lauren
Fun Picture with my favorite girls
Monday morning Garrett and I went in for a doctor appointment and got to hear little Ms. Grace Lynn's heartbeat.  She is still sounding wonderful and my belly is normal size for as far along as I am.  He said that everything looks and sounds great!   I only have one more bi-monthly appointment and then it's every week until we meet our little girl.

Tuesday evening Garrett and I went to Winnie Palmer to take the breastfeeding class.  To say the least, Garrett was not very excited about it and I was not very excited about staying up past my normal 8:30 bedtime of lately.  However, once we got into the class, it went by much faster than we both had anticipated and the instructor was a lot of fun!  I also learned a lot and feel more prepared for the future.  I'm not going to lie, I'm still anxious and nervous about everything that we are about to encounter real soon and all of the changes, but every little bit of extra knowledge I can get does help.  And, after all, this being our first child, I reckon' it's normal to be a little anxious/excited/nervous... etc.

This really has been one incredible week and I know that I may sound repetitive from weeks past, but I have definitely been blessed with a great pregnancy overall and with an awesome group of friends and family that constantly show their love and support.  I really don't know what I'd do without them, but I thank God everyday for having all of them in my life.  You all mean so much to me and I know Grace will be blessed because of you all also.

Pregnancy specific things this week include:

  • Grace woke me up in the middle of the night for the first time with just moving so much and nonstop; not the bladder, but Grace.  That was definitely a first.
  • Heartburn has also been getting worse.  I think it's just because she is running out of room and taking up every possible square inch she can get.
  • My feet are more swollen... at least it makes it easier to shave my ankles because the bones aren't as prominent, haha.
  • Belly... yep, still an innie.  I'll be sure to let you know when and if an outie should decide to make an appearance.


TheBump.com says:

Your baby's the size of a honeydew!
She weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. And she may grow up to a full inch this week -- amazing.

your baby at 33 weeks
  • She's keeping her eyes open while awake.
  • She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • Her bones are hardening.
  • And she's going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!

4 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    I always love reading these posts. You are seriously the cutest thing ever! You're all belly, you lucky thing! Can't wait to meet your new addition, and to get together one of these Sundays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin! I feel like much more than belly though, lol. Can't wait for you to meet Grace too and to get together again, hopefully sooner than later! :)

      Delete
  2. Wish we could've been there! Looking good Mama. Can't wait to see that precious girl of yours! Did you get a ton of clothes at your showers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Torie! Wish you could've been there too, but completely understand. I also can't wait for you to meet her and to introduce our little ones to one another :) I have received quite a bit of clothes, which is why I no longer have any on my registries nor have I asked for any, lol. Your gift card is going to go towards things still needed when the time gets closer. I can't wait! Thank you again :)

      Delete