Wednesday, September 7, 2011

8 weeks!

Well today Garrett and I got to experience our first ultrasound! :)  It was such an exciting moment for us both.  We got to actually see the little guy or gal that is currently growing in my belly (yep, no twins for us).  We also got to see and hear its heart beat for the first time!  It was an incredible moment and something I know that I'll never forget.  The heart beat at 171 beats per minute and you could see it thump with every beat!  Our baby is currently 1.98cm long, which puts me right at 8 weeks and 4 days.  So, my official due date is April 14th.  Here are some pictures from today.



Because I have had my first ultrasound and now know exactly how far along I am, this means you get to share in our journey as I blog each week's growth of me and our baby!  Yep, going to let you watch me grow too, as much as I really don't like showing my stomach at all.  However, I know this is an experience that I will want to look back on and see the change and I know that a lot of my friends and family have also requested that I document the growth.  So, here you go :)  This is me at 8 weeks and 4 days.

 

your baby's the size of a raspberry!
Now she weighs in (yay!) at about .04 ounces and measures about .63 inches. This week, she's growing about a milimeter each day.


your baby at 8 weeks
  • You can't feel it yet, but she's moving those arms and legs like crazy!
  • Her fingers and toes are now only slightly webbed, and her tail (yes, she had one) is gone.
  • Fun fact: her taste buds are now forming.

3 comments:

  1. EXCITED just doesn't cover it. So happy for you guys and looking forward to being a Grandma! Trying to figure out what my name should be - can't be Grandma because that's Grandma S. For now, I'm GTB (Grandma to be).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again. Did you and garrett tear up a little seeing and hearing that sweet miracle? I did at every visit for all three kids. Truly is a blessing. Excited to watch you and baby grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. will be cool to see the upcoming growing belly pics!

    ReplyDelete