Sunday, July 10, 2011

cowboys with family

Real quick side note:  If you read my previous post about our baby chick, you are aware that she was not doing too well... I unfortunately do not have great news; she did not make it :(  We are going to probably incubate and raise some eggs ourselves or will just buy some ready made chicks at the store since our rooster and hen are not too great at raising them.

Now for today's blog on a much happier note; If you read an earlier blog about how Garrett and I met or if you  know anything about us, you know we love cowboys!  Well, my sister had been once before, but my mom has never been.  Since Amanda is in town now and dance has calmed down a little, I decided to get us all out there together this past friday.  Daddy can't come with him working nights, but mama had no excuse and with both her girls going, it wasn't hard to convince her :)

Amanda-Kay (boo), Mama-Kay, and I

Granted, Amanda and I are dancers, but remember we had to get our talents somewhere... and, mama did GREAT!  I guess she contributed to some of those talents and has some of her own :)



 It was so fun teaching her some dances and dancing with her out on the floor.


I think it's safe to say she loved it and will definitely be back.  In fact, we are already planning our next trip out there.  It's so great to have something we can all do together on occasion.


Here is a sneak peak of some of mama line-dancing... yep, she got it and it was her first time!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Mom did great! I suspect she's been watching and learning from some of the best though! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words but I really need lots of work... and some friends to come with me so I'm not the only embarrassed one :) It was truly a blast - so glad I went with my girls and my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did so well Mama!!! Next time though, I'm getting you out there to learn even more dances. No excuses for it being "too hard" haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking we could find a song and show off these skills at church...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...and great having you visit at church yesterday...I want to meet the pig...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I am now all caught up on all your posts! Love the one about us and the picture! I remember Cowboys, my sister took me on teen nights LONG LONG ago when I lived there. I loved line dancing! Sorry about the chick, we lost one to a broken leg. Love you

    ReplyDelete