Sunday, July 24, 2011

what i love about sundays

Today was just one lovely day if I do say so myself.  For starters, It was so nice to be back in our church this Sunday with some wonderful friends after being out of town last weekend, at my home church the weekend before that, and at a competition before that... man has it been a busy month and next month will be no different.  A verse caught my attention yesterday while I was reading (Proverbs 18:24).


I've learned that it is better to have few good friends than many "companions" in life, especially as I get older.  I have found that it is your friends that will be there through thick and thin and that are there for you through good times and bad.  Often times people come and go in our lives.  I do believe they were placed in our lives for a purpose though, whether it be to help us or for us to help them in one way or another.  So, I live each day and just know that sometimes people may come and go, but my real friends will be here to stay and I plan to be there for them always.  With that said, It's so nice to have made some good solid friends at our church here.  They are all great!

After church, Garrett and I took a nice walk through downtown Mount Dora, ate at a grille downtown that we hadn't tried before (it was DELICIOUS!), and then stopped into a few of the quaint little shops down there.  I really enjoyed it and we plan to take full advantage of the area much more since it is only a 5 minute drive if that.  Then we came home; Garrett mowed while I sat on the hammock and watched Cambrie outside.  It was such a nice day, especially in the shade (I even fell asleep, which was nice).  Now, we're both inside relaxing.  After this blog it'll probably be a nice dinner and movie kind of night :)  Hope you are all having a blessed Sunday and making the most out of every minute of it.

Here are a few pictures from today and yesterday that I have taken... hope you enjoy them :)

love our cambrie

they love each other

beautiful sunset last night when garrett went out to feed the boys;
had to try and somewhat capture it anyway
(looks better if you click it and enlarge it)

spider web with dust from the mower stuck on it
(thought it was pretty neat looking)

2 comments:

  1. Sundays are my favorite day of the week!! Love your pictures - beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone is loving their camera!! :) I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete