Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How we met...

Well, talk about a crazy busy (but wonderful!) weekend!  Hope yours was great also!  Garrett and I actually just hit our 6 month wedding anniversary the 1st of this month... may not seem like a real big deal (just another day), but for me this time also brings me back to when I first met Garrett.  One of our very first dates or times together was on the 4th of July 3 years ago (in 2008).  We celebrated the holiday at a "cul-de-sac party" where he used to live.  Him and his roommates, along with a few other local neighbors got a band together, cooked out ribs, burgers, hotdogs, etc... just had a good 'ol time. The party started early and went into the evening.  Garrett and I were still very new and not really technically even a couple yet, but enjoyed every minute together!
4th of July, 2008
Prior to this date, we only had one other date and that was to crash-a-rama in the end of June that same year.  That should tell you a lot about us.  We love the country and just having a good 'ol time.  This also gives you a heads up onto how we met.  Here's how it all began...

I had just started going to Cowboys (line-dance country bar) quite regularly (just about every thursday and saturday evening) while finishing up my senior year at UCF.  I started going with a few friends, but then wanted to start going earlier to learn the dances; so I'd go by myself (which is a pretty big feat considering how shy I am).  From then, I met Jeff (the line dance teacher, who's still a good friend today).  He likes to tease Garrett, telling him that he knew me first :)  Jeff then introduced me to a few people and that made going to cowboys a lot easier because I had begin to come out of my shell more and made a few friends that I probably never would've known otherwise.  Some of which I still am friends with today.

One evening I was dancing and a dance came on that I did not know very well, so I did my best and looked for someone that looked like they new it.  That's where Garrett came in... he knew several of the dances and this dance was no different.  He stood by and kinda helped as I followed along.  Afterwords he came over to talk to me and called me "dorothy" (from wizzard of oz) because I could not "properly" do apple jacks.  May I add, I've since learned how to do them.  Garrett would then say I hit him (remember, he did make fun of me; calling me dorothy) and then go figure, we clicked right away.  We eventually began talking to one another more and dancing less.  To this day, he'll tell you that he taught me how to dance, which is kind of ironic considering I grew up dancing and can probably dance circles around him ;)  After a few more cowboy visits, he decided to ask me to Crash-o-Rama with him and we've been attached at the hip since.
A night at Cowboys
I thank God each and every day that I met Garrett that thursday evening and I do believe it was not by chance.  God brought him into my life at the perfect time and everything has just fallen into place.  I could not be happier to have the wonderful husband that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment